You're probably trying to do your part to help the environment. But sometimes, it can be tough to know where to start. So we've put together a list of 10 simple ways for you to protect the environment and make a difference!
- Get a reusable water bottle. Ditch the disposable plastic water bottles and invest in a good quality reusable one. You'll save money in the long run, and you'll be doing your part to reduce plastic waste.
- Bring your own bags to the grocery store. Most stores now charge for plastic bags, so it's more economical to bring your own. It's also better for the environment because it means less plastic.
- Bring your own mug to the coffee shop. This is a great way to reduce paper cup waste. Many coffee shops will even give you a discount if you use your own mug.
- Recycle. This one is a no-brainer. Make sure you're recycling everything you can, including paper, plastic, and glass.
- Compost. If you have a yard, start a compost pile. If not, there are many community gardens that would love your kitchen scraps. Composting is a great way to reduce food waste and create nutrient-rich soil for your plants.
- Drive less. Whenever possible, walk, bike, or take public transportation instead of using your car. You'll save money on gas and you'll be helping to reduce air pollution.
- Buy energy-efficient appliances. When it's time to replace an old appliance, look for one that is energy-efficient. It will save you money on your energy bill, and it will help reduce your carbon footprint.
- Use less water. There are many ways to save water, such as fixing leaks, watering your plants during the cooler hours of the day, and using a rain barrel to collect rainwater.
- Educate yourself and others about environmental issues. The more people know about the problems our planet is facing, the more likely they are to do something about it.
- Use eco-friendly cleaning products. There are many environmentally-friendly cleaning products on the market these days. They work just as well as the traditional chemical-laden ones, but they're much better for the planet. Haus Naturals is a line of plant-based cleaning solutions that's both animal-friendly and eco-friendly.
Doing your part to protect the environment doesn't have to be difficult. Start small, your efforts will accumulate, eventually creating a big impact.